In response to the “Travel Advice and Warning on Infectious Diseases (level 1): Travel Advice and Warning on Infectious Diseases for the entire world” and “Travel Advice and Warning to the entire world (difficulty returning to Japan due to departure restrictions or flight suspensions in response to the spread of COVID-19” from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, Chuo University has requested the following for those who have stayed in or returned from overseas (students, staff and faculty, and other Chuo stakeholders), or those who plan to travel overseas (students, staff and faculty, and other Chuo stakeholders). Please take proper steps to ensure your own health and the health of those around you.
* If you stayed in or returned from countries or areas specified under the “Drastic strengthening border measures (COVID-19)” of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, the Japanese Government requests that you stay home for 14 days of self-quarantine. Please fully comply with this request.
【People who have returned to or entered Japan from overseas】
■At the time you return to Japan, if you do not have a fever of 37.5 degrees Celsius (99.5 Fahrenheit) or higher and do not have symptoms of respiratory illness:
For 2 weeks after returning to Japan, observe your health carefully with taking 6 steps below, and pay attention to your actions.
1. Take your body temperature twice a day and be careful about your health condition.
2. Be careful about symptoms of respiratory illness (coughing, sneezing, difficulty breathing, etc.).
3. Wear a mask when you go out and ensure cough etiquette at all times.
4. Wash your hands often with soap or use alcohol-based disinfection.
5. Avoid contact with elderly people who are at high risk of becoming seriously ill, those with underlying diseases, or pregnant women, and avoid going to hospitals, maternity wards, and facilities for the elderly.
6. Avoid closed spaces with poor ventilation, where crowded with people, and having close conversations.
■At the time you return to Japan, if you have a fever of 37.5 degrees Celsius (99.5 Fahrenheit) or higher and have symptoms of respiratory illness:
Avoid contact with others, wear a mask, and consult a medical facility immediately.
In addition, please inform your affiliated office at Chuo.
【Those who plan to travel overseas】
Avoid non-essential travel overseas. For travel cancellations, please contact your affiliated office.