To all students
Examinations and Grading in the 2nd Semester (Fall Semester)
President, Chuo University
The policy for examinations and grading in the second semester (fall semester) of 2020-21 will be as follows.
This policy applies to undergraduate faculties. For graduate schools (including professional graduate schools), necessary adjustments may be made in consideration of the characteristics of each educational and research environment.
Examinations and Grading for 2nd Semester
(1) At this stage, it appears to be difficult to carry out set-type, group examinations in the last week of the course or in the special exam period set in the academic calendar. Therefore, as a basic policy, examinations will be conducted online.
However, if it is judged that a group examination is the most appropriate method for evaluating the outcomes of the course, such an examination may be held after taking sufficient preventive measures against coronavirus infection. For students who cannot take the examination for objective reasons concerning the coronavirus pandemic, such as health or their place of residence, measures will be taken to ensure no disadvantages occur.
In such a case, please contact your faculty administration office.
(2) The specific method of evaluation, by online examination or group examination,
will be announced on Nov 4, so please check announcements from your faculty office on C plus etc.
(3) The exam period set in the academic calendar may be used for conducting online examinations or submitting end-of-term reports.
For details on whether an examination will be conducted or on the precise submission period for reports, please refer to announcements from your faculty office on C plus etc.
(4) If your faculty does not follow the policies (1) and (2) set out above, you will be notified by your faculty office. Please check any announcements on C plus etc.
(5) Regarding the evaluation methods currently set out in each syllabus, we will inform you of any changes and ensure that students are not disadvantaged.
Please pay attention to notifications on manaba, C plus etc.
(6) For grading evaluation, we will work hard to secure social trust in the awarding of credits for graduation. Also, in consideration of the impact on GPA calculations and other courses, we will keep the five-level grade evaluation method as a university-wide policy.